Sunday, January 6, 2013

Always Something

My latest issue is that I need to have a back molar pulled. It's sitting in my mouth like an empty cup waiting to be filled with hot pain. The dentist said he'd never seen anything like it, in that the root was broken off and I felt nothing. Let's hope it stays that way until my appointment on Thursday.

The dentist also found a blood blister on my gum and seemed concerned about it. My mind immediately flashed to leukemia cutis. He said if it didn't go away in 3 days I should be concerned. It was gone the next day, but not without me contemplating mortality for awhile.

It would be easy to blame my tooth problems (I had another molar pulled a year ago) with my treatment and medication over the past almost 7 years. Up until now, I've never had a tooth extracted; I've never had root canal. Maybe it's just age. Most people my age begin the crumbling process by now.

Tomorrow I start round 4 of Vidaza shots. My counts are all good. I'm still kicking.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Glad your counts are good. That's what matters. I had four teeth pulled and the dentist blamed the disintegration on my treatment. Yes, it seems to be always something!