Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's Nice to Agree with Your Doctor

I had a 7:30 appointment with Dr. Giralt today. My blood counts are good, and even my liver enzymes are on a downward trend. He's not really a numbers guy though. He asked me how I was feeling compared to our last visit 6 weeks ago. I general, I feel pretty good, but I do have some issues that bother me. Water retention is probably the worst. I tipped the scale at 140 this morning. If I had to guess, I think I weigh around 130, maybe less. Then I mentioned mouth tenderness, bone pain and increased itchiness on parts of my body that never itched before, phantom zones where the skin looks perfectly fine but feels like it's being gnawed on by red ants.

We have 3 choices, the doc said. Do nothing, reduce the Gleevec by half, or stop taking it. As much as I'd like to stp taking it, I knew he was for reducing it. I'll take one every other day and see him in 4 weeks.

I was home by 8:15.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Sounds good. At Dana-Farber, you would never get in and out so quickly.