Thursday, May 9, 2013

Report Card

After a whirlwind five-day trip, I'm home and feeling great. My oncologist doesn't want to see me for 3 months and I don't want to see him.

I watched my son compete in the Ivy League Championships at Princeton, NJ. He goes on to the East Regionals in North Carolina in 2 weeks. We stayed with my sister and brother-in-law Saturday night and went for Mexican food, it being Cuatro de Mayo. I love mole! Sunday night we had dinner with Roxi and Mike and their daughter Erin at an Italian restaurant in Park Slope, Brooklyn. That night and for the next 3 nights we stayed with Sandy and Dianne in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, our old and remarkably changed neighborhood.

On Monday we rested a bit. I walked with Di to Target. Marty got a Not-Ray's pizza for lunch. Sandy made dinner. On Tuesday we went to MSK for my bloodwork, inoculation (for meningitis,) and to see the doc who pronounced me looking better than in a long time. I even lost 8 lbs! To celebrate all the good news I went to my Korean spa and had the works: manicure, pedicure and a 20-minute massage.

Tuesday night I made Shrimp Pad Thai for dinner. We'd invited old friends Peter and Mecca at the last minute and they joined us for a lovely evening. The topic of soft shell crabs came up and Peter offered to make them for lunch the next day before we headed out of town. He couldn't get crabs but made a lovely fish stew with green salad and white wine. I slept on the car ride home. Must have been the wine.


No comments: