Thursday, April 10, 2008

Down to Five Pills a Day

Yesterday's trip to the clinic in Boston was pleasantly dull. My doctor says my numbers are fantastic. To show you how blase I've become, I didn't even ask for a printout. They go something like this: WBC=5; HCT=36 something; PLT=250. This is uber normal, if there is such a thing. Marty and I soaked up all the positivity and savored it for the rest of the day. My immune system is still babyish (CD4=56 last month; needs to be over 200 before I'm ready for prime time), so I must remain wary. But I am now officially off immune suppressants so hopefully my system will begin to ramp up a bit. My pill regimen is down to 5 a day. Yippee.

My doctor thinks I may have had Fifth Disease a few weeks ago when I had a rash and body aches. Who knows where I picked that up, since it's usually a childhood disease. Lucky me. I'm experiencing a second childhood. I should play more.

That's basically it. Now my challenge is to find ways to safely channel the enormous amount of energy I have. I wish I could bank this stuff. I'll be first in line to open an account at the Sleep and Energy Savings & Loan Association.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congrats on downsizing your pill case!