Friday, August 1, 2008

19th Breakdown

The breakdowns continue unabated in my house. One of the air conditioning condensers literally suffered a meltdown and had to be repaired yesterday. Last week, I took the high road regarding these it's-only-money problems. Health is all that matters, right?

Whine time. It's dispiriting to wake up every day and know you'll be writing a check or signing a credit card slip for yet another mechanical failure by day's end. Makes me want to go live in a yurt. I had a friend who did that once. Our pre-Civil War house in Brooklyn didn't give us this much grief. My first toaster oven lasted 15 years. Now I have to buy a new one every year. Blah blah blah.

Okay, I feel better. So what I'm tossing money into a bottomless pit.

Maybe I'm just a little crabby today. I have zero energy and I can't believe I have to figure out what's for dinner again. I just did that last night! Maybe the stove will stop working.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Good grief! Could you have a gremlin infestation a la Tex Avery? I'm really sorry about all of the breakdowns. Having to constantly sign your life over can be disheartening to say the least.
As for dinner, may I suggest something from the delivery menu? Take the day off and spoil yourself. What the hell, you definitely deserve it. :)