Friday, September 12, 2008

Spotless

Unlike my house, my bone marrow is "spotless." That's the word my transplant doctor chose to describe the results of last week's biospy. I'm 99% donor in the marrow, and 97% in the peripheral blood. The Colorado cord is still predominating, but the Australian cord shows no signs of backing down. T-cell analysis shows some of mine are still hanging around (18%), but the doctor says that's not unexpected with cbt's.

My immune system is slowly rebuilding. The most recent CD4 count is 355, up a hundred or so since last checked. The CD4 indicates immune system strength. When it reaches 500, I'll be in normal range. For now, I still have to exercise caution, but I can ease up a little bit.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a wedding in Wilmington, Deleware. I promise not to dance on the tables.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, ROCKSTAR- this is wonderful news. Congratulations and I hope to see pictures of you dancing on the tables. You deserve it!
-Lea

Sue L said...

Maybe just a chair!!! Live a little lol

Samantha MacRae said...

Great stuff pj!

Kunal said...

Please, pj, do let your hair down at the wedding. Gotta celebrate this awesome news!

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations on the great news!