Friday, July 23, 2010

Cappuccino

I apologize to all of you who are sick of hearing about coffee. What's it got to do with leukemia? More on that later.

The new coffee shrine has been working overtime. Mariel and Mark love to make their cups of joe in the morning or when they come home from work. I've been doing two each morning and making an extra to put in the fridge for an afternoon iced coffee. That's at least $10 I've saved this week not buying retail iced coffee.

This afternoon, it's dank and dreary. What better time than to have a cappuccino? I looked for the directions and couldn't find them so went straight to you-tube for a tutorial. I don't have the same machine as the ones they were showing, so I tried to figure it out for myself, which sometimes works. First I shot pure hot water into the milk. Wrong. Then I tried different dials and buttons but was still watering down the milk and not frothing it. Finally, I got the right combo and voila! a steaming mug of cappuccino with a dash of cinnamon on top.

Okay, the leukemia thing. Well, since I've been on prednisone, I've been very impatient about most things in life. I try to be gentle with humans and dogs, but there are thing that definitely suffer my inability to do things slowly, and with thought and care. Oh, I get a lot done, but much of it is sub-par. Not so with the cappuccino, I'm happy to say. Of course I probably should be drinking decaf but I seriously doubt that the amount of caffeine I'm getting each day has any additional effect on my speed.

Always look on the bright side ...

No comments: