Saturday, July 31, 2010

French Connection


The pool and the Pyrenees in the distance.

The compound

Live from L'Ousteau Magna, an hour west of Toulouse France, C'est le Plog!

I'm staying out of trouble (mostly) at Peter and Mecca's chateaux (really old but thoroughly modern) in the countryside. On a clear day, you can see the Pyrenees, which we can today. I will drive through the Pyrenees tomorrow on my way to Barcelona where I will spend two days speaking Spanish, eating tapas and drinking sangria.

I swear I will take my meds, stay out of the sun (will swim in the Mediterrean after 6 pm) and not talk to strangers. As it looks now, I'll have to get another suitcase due to what I plan to buy in Spain: beach towels, whole bean coffee, World Cup jerseys, and who knows what manner of ceramics and unknown junk. Now I can buy some local wine and put it in the suitcase, well-wrapped of course.

Carpe diem--what else?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sante!

Sue S. said...

It sounds like you are having so much fun! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. Have a safe trip home.

jamie said...

last I heard you drove to PEI man you travel fast. sounds like you,re having a ball,can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

Jim said...

Drink up, girl, and enjoy!