Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dinner Party

Tonight we're hosting three friends in our new apartment. They delivered my chaise longue today, which I've been tempted to sit in for hours but I have fish to fry. Well, shrimp.

Lemon tart is on the dessert menu, I do have a tart pan, but the baking equipment I need is still in Rhode Island. I had to improvise. It was frustrating working without a net, but what the tart lacks in beauty it will make up for in taste, I'm sure. With drinks, I'm serving tortilla chips with various dipping sauces: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, refried beans, chopped tomatoes and onions.

The main course will be shrimp scampi over pasta, simple but always delicious. We will drink scads of wine.

I'm making myself hungry.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Yum!

Good for you for making dessert. I would have gone to the bakery!