Friday, March 30, 2012

It's No Wonder I can't See

I went to the Boston Foundation for Sight Wednesday with high hopes. They'd re-plasma my lenses and check my eyesight and all would be well. But I knew that all would not be well. My vision had been getting worse, which I attributed to the debris building up on the lenses. But even when I first put them on, I couldn't focus clearly on long distances.

Diagnosis: cataracts. Another older person's disease to add to my collection. When I had radiation before my second transplant, they told me cataracts were a possibility. Sigh. At least it's something that can be fixed. I'll have it done in New York, one eye at a time. Maybe by the summer I'll be able to see clearly.

Does this get me down? Of course. Next week I'm having a tooth pulled (not related to gvh, but still), and I have a mild cold which is just enough bother to pull me down another small notch. Fear not, comrades. The cold will go away, the pulled tooth will be replaced by an implant, and those nasty cataracts will be a thing of the past.

Stay calm and carry on.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Geez. Well at least you have an answer, and it's fixable, but what a pain. I had four teeth pulled, two at a time. At least I got some good pain meds. Hope you do too.