Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blood in the Night

Yesterday was quite a day. We moved out of our Upper East Side apartment to our house in the Catskills. Yup, we're starting a new life in greener, less stressful acres.

Fortunately, I was not involved in moving day because I had to have my 3rd Vidaza shot of the week. By some miracle, I was able to meet my friend Connie for lunch. Then I had the walk-through of my apartment by the agent. After that, I schlepped my luggage on the subway to Brooklyn where I'm staying at Sandy and Dianne's.

Sleeping in an unfamiliar room is a challenge for me. I wake up and have no idea where I am. I'm under the influence of ativan. Add to that no night light and there was a disaster waiting to happen.

At some point, I made my way into the bathroom to find that blood was dripping from an old wound on my right arm. I must have bumped into something. There were drops of blood everywhere. First, I tried to staunch the bleeding. I looked in various drawers for bandaids, to no avail. Finally, I wrapped my arm in toilet paper, moistening it to create a plaster of paris effect. This worked pretty well. Then I cleaned up the blood as best as I could and went back to my room.

Falling is one of my specialties. Once in the room, I tripped over something on the floor, probably my suitcase, anf fell on my right side. I seem to be made out of rubber, because whenever I fall, I never get seriously injured. Last night was the same. I went to bed, with a sore shoulder.

In the morning, I tried to do a better job with my arm wound. I found a gauze pad in my suitcase and some surgical tape. I think I did a good job with it because it's still intact and the bleeding has stopped. That's when I in looked in the mirror and saw the bruises on my shoulder and face. I put some cover-up on the long grayish mark and was ready to face another day filled with appointments, medical and otherwise.

2 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Geez Louise. I could have written parts of this post myself. It's freaky to find blood in the night. I had a nosebleed and thought it was a sign of relapse and then understood that it was from dry air in the house. As for falling, well, could we be co-Queens of falls?

Anonymous said...

Another reason is because most people, take Canada for example, look at a dollar like it's nothing! $1 dollar to us is like $100 to them. http://www.ukdresshop.co.uk
[url=http://www.canadagoosehommes.com]canada goose jackets[/url] In 2008, Monster Business and Grammy Awards winner Dr.
Come and get some distinctive bags for yourself from the coach factory outlet online.. [url=http://www.salemulberryshop.co.uk]mulberry outlet[/url In fact, diabetes is the leading cause of non-trauma related amputations in the industrialized world.. These rules become even more burdensome after the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. There are no on-site accommodations or formal restaurants at Cypress.
There is of course nothing wrong with this type of relationship and family setting "if" it's what both partners desire. [url=http://www.soldesgoosefr.com]canada goose[/url] Unlike straight dresses flared dresses are usually worn in informal occasions only like holiday outing, daytime outing, on a date, with friends etc.
There are metal frames and plastic frames to choose from, many options to choose from for all people.. The Viper loader was Diamond's low jazz. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, this animal-rights organization first gained notoriety in 1981 when cofounder Alex Pacheco conducted an undercover investigation inside a primate research lab. [url=http://www.promkleidde.com/]vergünstigte kleider[/url]