Monday, December 31, 2012

Red, White, Blue and a Happy New Year, Too

Red, the color of my right eyeball. It feels fine, and I wore my PROSE lenses successfully yesterday. The left eye, which feels like it has a rock in it, looks great. I'd put the lenses in to see to avoid the dryness that's causing both problems, but we're visiting friends and going out to a party so I'm "saving" them for later.

White, the color of what I see outside. We got 7 inches in Jville Saturday, and there's about the same here in the Poconos. With the sun reflecting off the snow, I'm blinded and have to wear 2 pairs of sunglasses.

Blue, the color of my eyes (pupils). Blue, the condition of my psychic state due to the above and other annoying issues you'd think I'd be used to, resigned to or able to put some positive spin on. I'll not catalog them here.

It doesn't help that I dislike New Year's Eve, have always liked to spend it at home, and decide whether or not to stay up to see the ball drop in Times Square, or call it a night at 10. Last year, we were in Peru and watched the festivities on TV in our pajamas. I had to wake Marty up and force-feed him Prosecco at midnight.

Oh, I almost forgot about New Year's resolutions. I don't make them.

No comments: