Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Positive Spin

I'm sitting here trying to put a positive spin on my current condition. I got up this morning. Had my usual cup of joe, strong and black. Checked email, read the on-line New York Times. Was happy to see my disability payment had been posted. The only negative is that I want to rip my skin off, a little self-flaying to begin the day.

The local oncologist said yesterday that he'd never seen a worse version of skin gvh. This was somehow comforting. It meant I wasn't being a whining baby unable to manage pain and suffering. He didn't have any new ideas and I didn't expect him to. I'm seeing my dermatologist and oncologist in NYC in 2 weeks.

The good news is that my blood counts are normal. Alk-phos liver enzymes went up a bit but that could be due to increased gvh in general.

I'm going to make some oatmeal and coat my skin with it.

No comments: