Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sick Day

I spent most of yesterday sleeping. This rarely happens to me, even when I was being assaulted by chemicals and radiation.

After taking my morning thyroid and lasix, I popped 500 mg of tylenol to ease the throbbing in my left side, a pain I've had on and off since Saturday afternoon. At the time, I blamed the pain on indigestion from a gryo I'd had for lunch. Three days later, I still had the pain on and off. I decided to diagnose myself using the internet. I tried to get an appointment at the recommended local internist but he's been on vacation since last week. Anyway, I discovered that the only organ on the right side is the gall bladder. Could I have a gall stone?

Aside from pain (I'll rank it a 6), I've had nausea and vomiting which could be leftover symptoms from the Vidaza I had last week. That doesn't usually happen to me, and I've had the injections five times over 5 months. The nausea became so extreme after a light lunch and some juice, I had to take an ativan. I slept a total of  6 or 7 daylight hours. When I was awake, I read a little and watched TV. Marty woke me for dinner, Chinese food, which I managed to eat. Soup and lo mein seemed to be what I wanted. I didn't eat a lot, but I felt better and didn't get nauseous. I took my handful of pills and they stayed in place. I watched TV with Marty including the Westminster Dog Show. I don't even know what time I went to bed, but I fell asleep right away, a rarity. Of course I took zolpidem but I have to take that or I won't sleep a wink.  

Regretfully, we were supposed to take Mark out to dinner for his birthday. Marty was wise enough to cancel this. We'll do it next week. The important thing is, I woke up this morning at 7:00 and felt pretty good. In the 2 hours I've been up I've had coffee, read email and the New York Times. I made granola, which is almost done, and I look forward to having hot oatmeal for breakfast. So far, so good.

No comments: