Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Dead Horse

I was so disgusted with myself for constantly complaining about shoulder pain I decided to go to a chiropractor. My neurologist couldn't figure out how to treat me, and suggested I see an orthopedist. "He's likely to inject me, right?" "Possibly," he said, "but tell him to call me first." "I'm not going," I said adamantly. "How do you feel about chiropractors?" "I know nothing about that," he claimed.

I immediately made an appointment to see a highly-recommended chiropractor not too far away. I saw her Monday, when she identified a problem in my cervical spine and a misalignment in my lower jaw. I'll see her again today, and continue for a while.

With enough doctors to staff a small medical clinic, none seem able to address some of my problems, the ones that hurt the most. I'm going where the pain isn't.

No comments: