Saturday, November 9, 2013

On the Road

On Wednesday, a medically free day, I drove to Providence, RI to pick up my daughter who'd spent the past 5 months waitressing on Block Island. I took me 5 hours with a couple of pit stops. I was a bit stiff and my shoulder ached, but I kept telling myself: Mariel will drive home.

My GPS has been misbehaving lately, so I had to have Mariel talk me through the final part of the route. Don't worry, Bluetooth was working. She packed her stuff in the car, and off we went to get her bike, at another location. That done, we went for an early dinner at Chipoltle where we ate enough food for 2 days. Me, at least.

After an inexplicable and unplanned detour, we stopped for gas. I went in to ask the attendant how to get back to Rt. 84. He had no idea, but suggested I ask the FedEx man outside how to go. Mr. FedEx was The Man. Back on the correct route, we arrived in Jville at 9 pm, 12 hours after I'd hit the road.

Buck was happy to see us. Mariel had a snack. I took the road to Sleepy Town. 

No comments: