Sunday, February 23, 2014

Waiting for Other Shoe to Drop

I took the bus to NYC Wednesday and subwayed to my friends house in Brooklyn. I took the subway for two days and I'll just say it was grueling exercise. We then walked over a mile to our friends' house for dinner. Fortunately, that was highly restorative, Yuet made squid salad, steamed mussels in coconut milk and spices, steamed salmon and shrimp pad Thai, washed down with various Asian beers. We took a taxi home because I was half-dead.

Thursday, I went to see my oncologist and dermatologist. Even though I had a bad reaction to the Decadron, it did clear up the skin on my legs. I'm now trying a quarter of the original dose once a week. I started it Friday and so far I feel like myself, maybe even a little more peppy than usual. My poor dermatologist looked at my legs and said, "Patricia, I don't think there's much more I can do for you."

In between my two appointments, I walked 10 blocks (and back) to have a manicure and pedicure at my favorite place near where I used to live. When I walk in, the Korean owners fawn all over me, treating me like royalty. They also feel sorry for me a little bit, which is fine. I can be pathetic. Since I can't reach my feet, this was more about the nail-clipping than the toe color. Winter isn't a time to show off your pretty pink toes.

I took a taxi to Port Authority to catch the bus back to Monticello. There's really no convenient subway from my dermatologist's office. It was worth every penny. 

No comments: