Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Biggest Helath Challenge: Not Slipping on Ice

I went to my local oncologist yesterday. My counts are all good and I'm cleared for injections next week. My skin has improvded a little, my shoulder not so much. Someone told me about a therapy where they knock you out and then manipulate your shoulder in ways that would be too painful sleep. It gets the joint out of its locked position so therapy is more effective. I might try it if I get desperate enough..

In the meantime, my biggest challenge is staying upright as I navigate the ice patches around my house and car. It's been so cold that no amount of salt or chopping has much effect. The only "good" part about this is that it takes me back to 1978 when my mother and I were out in the Hamptons taking care of my grandmother. We went to dig the car out of 2 feet of snow while Paul Simon sang "Slip Sliding Away." I always think of her when I hear that song or I slip on ice.

No comments: