Thursday, December 20, 2007

"The liquid information is excellent."

Now we're just waiting for solid information.

Allow me to translate the title quote. When a bone marrow biopsy is performed, marrow (liquid) is extracted as well as a teensy piece of bone. Don't faint. It's not that bad. Really. The results from the marrow show no leukemia and 100% donor cells, which is basically FANTASTIC. Solid information (i.e., from the bone chip) should be available today or tomorrow.

My 15 minutes of elation have ended. As Yogi says, it ain't over 'til it's over, which for me will be sometime in the Summer of 2012. That's when I will be certifiably cured. Only four-and-a-half years of anxiety to go!

Considering the good news, I'm feeling a bit piffy today. I didn't get enough sleep last night (I was seduced into watching a questionable TV show; my bad). I physically went way over the limit yesterday, and dem bones are protesting wildly. My knitting project required pretzel logic, not to mention mathematical and spatial concepts unused since my last IQ test, circa 1974. And the stress, oy the stress.

Let's collectively exhale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ...so does that mean you are one step closer to that rare steak?
Emma