Saturday, August 1, 2009

Small Slice of Sky

I checked into my room yesterday at 4 pm. It's smaller than a breadbox, but has some compensating features such as remote-controlled blinds and drapes. Last time I was here, I had a double-size room with a view of houses on a hillside. This room has a view of tall buildings topped with a dash of sky.

Today has been going well so far. My main activities have been pill-swallowing, pod-walking and reading. They're saving the really exciting event for later in the day when they will pump me full of saline and give me my first dose of cytoxin. Marty plans to be here for that. I plan to be on an ativan cloud floating over the rooftops.

6 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

A couple of times I've been in a room that overlooks a wall or the inside of the hospital. I usually managed to get moved. I've had the slice of sky too. I wonder if you're in one of my old rooms. Say hi to the nurses for me. The ones I had the most were Pam and Myra during the day and Katie or Lisa at night. Anyway, you're in great hands there. Enjoy your ativan and your slice of sky! Hope to see you Monday.

Ann said...

Love that saline cocktail! Don't get too crazy during happy hour.

Anonymous said...

I've caught up on you, back from Paris yesterday. Not very gentleman-like of your doctor to compare you with a cockroach. But I do hope he's right! Cockroaches and rats are the best equipped to survive any malheur in the world. Hope you'll be able to change rooms. If not, hang on to that stretch of sky. And be happy you're alone. I was in a room for a week having no whites and sharing with an old lady who had pneumonia, bronchitis, diarrhea, you name it. Not sure this is going to help. I don't usually like the thought of "It could always be worse" as a philosophy. It does help put things into picture though sometimes. I had a marvellous time in Paris two years down the road. I hereby cordially invite you to visit me in Berlin in two years' time (or later, as you wish). Keep strong! Brenda

Diane Taylor said...

ah...better living through chemistry. Godspeed, my good woman!

Anonymous said...

Pwink,
You are a most brave person who I respect without a question of doubt. May you charge headlong into this "adventure" coming out on the other side healthy and ready to do anything you want to.
Love you, Karen

Anonymous said...

Patti, Sounds like you will need a few coctails! Never refuse. Try to keep up with the plog.I get so engrossed reading what you have to deal with everyday and how you manage to get thru everyday. You are amazing. Love Dori