Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man


Unfortunately, and despite eating me spinach, I'm not exactly strong to the finish. If you saw my arms though, you'd think otherwise. Last week, I bemoaned the spare tire around my mid-section. Then my ankles blew up. I noticed my arms were as thick as my husband's. I'm a small person, so this was a dramatic thickening.

A trip, once again, to my internist confirmed what I already knew: I'm retaining water for reasons we can only guess at. My metabolism has gone haywire. Drug tapers, additions, interactions. My doctor put me on low-dose Lasix for five days and a potassium supplement so the baby doesn't get thrown out with the bath water.

Now I'm the incredibly shrinking woman. I've lost at least 1 lb. and my arms, though still thick, are starting to slim down. I spent more time in the bathroom last night than in my bed, but I'll take sleep loss over popeye arms.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Patricia,

I just saw you on Saturday and you looked great!!!

PJ said...

This was before the blow-up.