Thursday, September 6, 2012

There's a Mole in Your Eye

Sometimes I feel like I have a mole in my eye, but today when the ophthalmologist asked me if anyone ever told me about having a mole on my right retina, I said no. We'll just watch it. Easy for him to say.

I was inflated, dilated, refracted, anesthetized, de-suturized and terrorized by the mole. My 4-week post-cataract surgery exam showed my cornea was in great shape. Having sutures snipped and tweezered out of your eye isn't pleasant, but I went to Playa Gringo. That's the perfect beach I went to in Costa Rica where I've built my fantasy house overlooking the beach.

I'll be having cataract surgery on my left eye soon. I still need to get a new PROSE lens for my right eye to treat my severe dry eyes. Saying goodbye to my daughter, who's returning to Peru for 6 months, drew nary a tear, just a crumbled expression with lip quivering.

Now I'll relax and wait until my radiation appointment at 5:40 pm.  

2 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Geez. Sorry you have to go through all this (and what you wrote about in the last post too). Sounds like you do a great job of changing the channel and visualizing positive things. I bet that helps your immune system.

Nelle said...

Hi. I'm a new reader to your blog. I wish you had an email link. Ronni recommended your blog to me. I survived Hodgkins in 1977 and am now battling lots of problems from the radiation which back then was much higher doses than now used. My only child got leukemia at age 16 (ALL) and he has survived as well. You seem so young to be having cataract surgeries (if you're 40th h.s. reunion came up I figure you are about my age. Enjoyed reading your blog.