Friday, September 20, 2013

Prednisone Taper Redux

I've been on prednisone for a long time. I've been on 20 mg. for about 2 years.

The first taper was successful but ultimately too low and I had to increase it again. The last attempt at a taper back in February ended in disaster, with me suffering acute withdrawal within a week. My doctor told me to go back up. See-saw Margery Daw. (I had to check the spelling of that.)

Today I began a 5-mg. taper. Within a week, I might have side effects but I hope it won't crush me. My doc has consistently said I will probably hold at 10 and continue that for life.

I went to a local salon today and got a nice haircut with some highlights. I still have small bruises under my eyes, but I think I look much-improved. Since I'm so vain, my mental state is as well.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Good luck with the taper. I'm at 4 mg. now and also will probably be on it for life. I came down very slowly from 40 and it was OK. I'd be scared to go down much lower.