Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Retrospective Part V

This is the final installment of my retrospective. Onward.

June 29, 2013: I finished my monthly injections of Vidaza yesterday. It's no big deal except my oncologist recommends I get them for life. Vidaza without parole. I take 22 pills each day. I take the morning pills after breakfast. It's like having an additional course.

And then it hits you. You survived but it never goes away.


August 22, 2013: Just like Kermit admitted it wasn't easy being green, it's not easy having a blue face. Maybe if the rest of me were blue it wouldn't be so bad. If I could put a scarf around my head and face, I would actually look pretty good since my eyes appear beautifully made up. But I'm not good would scarf-tying, and I'd hate to have it unravel while I'm driving.

No comments: