Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bleak Day in Bean-Town

The nasty weather was the only negative in today's trip to Boston. After dropping Mariel at the airport, we had breakfast with some friends from our Costa Rica days. They still live in Costa Rica, but have an apartment in the North End. My friend Karen stays there with her son while he attends Milton Academy as a day student. Her husband Rob was housemates with George W. at Yale before he (GW) gave up booze and found religion.

My visit to the Dana-Farber clinic was uneventful. My blood counts hold steady; my liver is a happy camper; my kidneys are nonpareil. My doctor doesn't feel my chapped lips and general itchiness are attributable to gvhd. He also reiterated his belief that the graft versus leukemia effect (good) is in force without the presence of graft versus host disease (bad). So, I remain disease-free on all levels. If a chapped lip is my worst ailment, it's cause for celebration. Bring on the O'Douls.

1 comment:

bravenewfrickenworld said...

Out and about like a regular person! Good for you. Great news about the check-up, too.