Friday, February 29, 2008

Yes We Can. No I Can't.

Reality check: I had a transplant six months ago. It's easy to forget that since I feel so good. Since I've returned to nearly all my pre-transplant activities. Since I banished the pill caddy. Barack Obama is coming to Rhode Island tomorrow and I really wanted to attend the rally. I wanted to bring Mark and Harry with me. But I can't. It's the height of flu season, so even wearing a gas mask (I actually have a very serious mask that purports to block bird flu virus), I'm at risk. So says my esteemed doctor. He's been right so far so I'm going to err on the side of caution. No martinis, no parmesan cheese, no Obama rallies. I'll live.

1 comment:

Ann said...

The dreaded "wait a minutes". It seems like there are a million things that I want to do and I always end up saying, "Wait a minute, I'm still a baby alien." Or some variation, there of. You definitely do not want a piece of the flu that's currently circulating, but I feel your pain at wanting to attend the rally. Maybe the boys could go and report back to you after? Better yet, maybe part of it will be televised locally. Sigh, hang in there.