Friday, March 28, 2008

Lemon Tea

My usual daily routine calls for a cup of fairly strong tea with milk at 4 pm. I used to drink coffee at this time of day, but decided years ago that while coffee tastes divine first thing in the morning, after that it's just a dark hot beverage.

But today my afternoon tea is lemon-ginger. That's because I have a cold, something I haven't experienced in years. My former immune system handily deflected cold viruses and other common ailments but somehow allowed leukemia to slip through the cracks.

In a way, it's a pleasure to have an average ordinary health issue. This will be a test of sorts for my new system, but I'm confident it can handle a case of the sniffles. I'll drink herbal tea and milk the situation for all its worth. Cooking dinner is out. Reading a book is in.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Put your feet up and drink lots of yummy tea while you recouperate. Hope the sniffles don't keep you down for too long and may I say that you did an excellent job on knitting your sweater. I'm still trying to work up the nerve to tackle doing something with sleeves.