Saturday, June 6, 2009

Remission Unaccomplished

This is the nature of leukemia. It lurks and it waits and it jumps in at any sign of vulnerability. Strong chemo may only wipe out half the clones, and you might need to throw more toxins at it. My bone marrow biopsy shows I still have a little leukemia lurking, but it must all be destroyed. To that end I re-enter the hospital on Tuesday June 9 where I will try a new cocktail. The good news is, I have three days to party!

The fungal infection in my lungs is responding to the drugs, so that's good. This is difficult to treat, so at least we're making progress on that front.

We had a family dinner last night--just pizza, just perfect. We have lots to celebrate this weekend. Then it's back in the slammer.

Visitors welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this but stay strong and positive and you will win this battle.

Ronni Gordon said...

Sorry to hear it but they'll get it next time. "A little leukemia lurking" sounds like it just needs one more clean-up. Stay strong and enjoy the weekend.

Daria said...

Damn it ...

Sue said...

I second Daria's comment...

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and think positively!

Jim said...

Dori needed round 2 of chemo two summers ago. I remember it well. Frustration, but good news at the end. We're praying for similar results at DF.

Glad to hear the lungs are in good shape.

Fight on.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Listen to Jim. It'll be worth it. Hooray for the fungus receding! That's probably more difficult to achieve than bashing the life out of the last leukemic cells. Enjoy your last day in freedom - for a while. I think of you every day. Brenda