Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Drugs Work

I think most of us can agree that a pill in time may just give you nine. Here are a few other strategies I used to catch some zzzzzs.

Even though I was tired and almost napped several times, I managed to stay conscious all day. I took the flannel sheets off my bed and replaced them with regular cotton ones so that being too warm would not be an issue. I kept myself moderately busy during the afternoon and evening but not crazily so. I almost blew it by going to a restaurant with the boys and eating a too-rich meal. I figured that would have me up all night dreaming of butter and cream. But I had other tricks up my sleeve, actually nestled in their containers waiting to do their magic.

I managed to watch the entire episode of NCIS, dangerously from the couch. At 9 pm I went up to my room and took a 10 mg ambien and went straight to bed, no reading like I usually do. Within 15 minutes I was gone. When Turbo started snoring I took no chances. I took a 1 mg ativan to put me under again and went off to sleep in Mariel's room. I didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6:15. That's nine hours of sleep.

With two cups of coffee under my belt I feel ready to go. There will be no excuse for not jogging today. The weather will be fine and I won't be tired.

3 comments:

Ermintrude said...

Maybe Turbo could use a pill..or three...do they make snore nose strips for bouviers?

Jeffrey Silverstein said...

Yea! Try to do the same tonight, minus the snoring!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.