Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fortune Cookie Truth

We went out for Chinese food yesterday with our nephew Mark who lives in Maryland. This was what my fortune cookie said:

"You could prosper in the field of medical research."

It got me thinking. Maybe I could pre-donate my body to science, collect the money now, knowing I would be gleaned for side effects relating to leukemia and graft versus host disease when I die. If they wanted to, they could take non-essential bits right now: skin scrapings, organ biopsies, scans, and the like. Heck, they may have developed the technology for a Fantastic Voyage exploration using tiny robots.

I doubt this would be legal or considered ethical. Why shouldn't I make money from my misery? Perhaps pay off medical debt? I'd be less a drag on my fellow Americans who're now paying me disability each month.

Vote for me.

No comments: