Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cellulitis

I'm going to be as short and pithy as I can because I'm typing with one hand.

On Friday my right arm became swollen, red, and hot to the touch. That afternoon I drove to my college roommate's house in Hamilton NY. Susan, who is a chiropractor, suspected cellulitis which is a bacterial infection of the skin. We had great time reminiscing about our naughtier years.

Sunday, Marty took me to the ER where they did an ultrasound of my arm, drew blood and gave me intravenous antibiotics and some potassium.

After a night of no sleep, I looked like a zombie and felt like one too. Today, when I saw no improvement, I went to the doctor. She me gave yet another antibiotic and told me to return tomorrow to see the infectious disease doctor. Do you think I have enough doctor's? Do you think I'm a hypochondriac?

I'm staying home for the rest of the day, rain gently tapping at my window, dog snoring by my side. Oh yeah. I have my poetry to protect me.

3 comments:

mamawarrior said...

You are remarkable, PJ. I hope the antibiotics serve you well.

George Jempty said...

You are a rock. You are an i-i-i-island.

Ronni Gordon said...

Never heard of that one! And no, you are not a hypochondriac.