Sunday, September 2, 2007

Another Bullet Dodged

Today was day 2 of the pesky wabbit. Since I felt pretty low already, going into to the infusion was worrisome. The nurse decided to mix up my pre-meds, giving me a different steroid and some hydrocodone to relieve my headache. I think it went a lot better than the other day, where I had spent the evening, all night, and into the early morning down the bunny hole. It must have seemed bad because Marty spent the night propped up in a highly uncomfortable beach chair.

After a slow start to the day, I did improve somewhat. I was able to shower,eat breafast, field phone calls, etc. Just as company arrived (Mark, Laurie, Harry) I started feeling feverish again and crawled back into bed. I felt bad that I didn't make conversation with anyone, but I think it was pretty obvious I was not in a chatty mood. I'll call the boys later to reassure them I'm alright.

Tomorrow, I just get one chemo drug, and this one doesn't do an number on me. Or at least it didn't the last time. One can only hope.

3 comments:

aussiebernie said...

Should they need more serum there are millions of bunnies running wild in Australia. Some inbred wrong blanketed member of ye olde Englishe aristocracy imported them in the nineteenth century for hunting sport (along with foxes), and thereafter they bred like, well, you know. These treatments you are undergoing are not for the squeamish...

lenbob said...

Glad you're fighting the pesky wabbit. I guess it's understood that English aristocracy is a synonym for inbreeding. I think Marty should wear a high hat and a watch as he travels from East Greenwich to Providence to Boston and back. Keep you shotgun and hunting hat ready so the pesky wabbit doesn't get you down.

Anonymous said...

Keeping dodging those bullets! I'll be checking in with the Plog.