Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Wanna Be Sedated

Rabbit Redux. The best thing about the third treatment is that they gave me so many drugs to head off any nasty side effects the rabbit might bring, I was more or less comatose for the entire afternoon. I was a boneless pile of mush, which was fine by me.

This morning, I woke up with hand tremors and a feeling that my body had been drained of all its blood and replaced with cotton. The tremors are likely to be drug-related, according to the docs. The other sensation is hard to explain and very annoying. I feel I'm not all here, and I guess I'm not.

It's Day -2 for transplant, which will probably be anti-climactic. I'll receive the stem cells in 2 batches, 4 hours apart. Pretty surreal.

That's all she wrote.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty

Keep you chin up, we are thinking about you ....

Tony & Sue S.

Anonymous said...

Is this the Australian half of the transplant? Maybe you'll develop an accent or the skills to make it in the Outback. One can only hope...
I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

It's natural to feel "down under." Hang in there and the world will right itself.

Anonymous said...

hi sis, i have a cure for those tremors.......earthquakes.

oh, and i hope you get the coffee thing staightened out. that would drive me crazy and i'd have to chew out some ass. ask your nurse if she knows what the medical term for getting your ass chewed out is. it's a rectomectomy.

hope that got a smile outta ya! love you, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Patricia,
We look forward to reading your "plog" at the reference desk each morning....to commiserate and laugh with you. You are such a humorous writer of plogs.

Anonymous said...

Rose are red,
violets are blue,
it's past 7:30
so I hope you're drinking coffee too.

Emma

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat!

Just thinking of you. Hope this doesn't mean your nose will start wiggling! Maybe he's a nice, QUIET, CALM rabbit...

jamie said...

I think you have a future in comedy. I'm thinking of you.

Jamie