Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Quiet But Glorious Day

I had planned to regale you with all the messy details of yesterday's platelet infusion gone bad. But I woke up this morning (always a good sign in my book), feeling grrrreat. It was a beautiful Fall day, and all I wanted to do was make myself a steaming cup of Costa Rican coffee and read my book while everyone else was still quietly asleep. Ah, my first Saturday morning of freedom.

So I decided to scuttle the negative and dwell on the positive. Hmn, methinks the cord blood is perhaps making me a wee bit sappy. I'll happily tell you the platelet horror story in person some day, if you really want to hear it, or you can check with my friend Patty S. who witnessed the ordeal. Best give her a few days to process the nightmare, though.

Great news! I think I'm getting used to sitting around on my butt all day reading and eating bon bons. It's a lovely way to pass the time. Most importantly, today I've felt really good all day, almost normal. In a few minutes, Marty and I will go for a walk with the pups. Marty will make dinner. Marty will clean up after dinner. Marty will offer to bring me more bon bons, perhaps some herbal tea, dear?

No, not a bad day at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I came home from the hospital, my mom made matzah ball soup and spoon fed it to me. make sure she does the same for you!