Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Plog Gets Bogged Down in Intestinal Distress

Marty says I can't disappoint my cheering squad, and that even though I feel like I've swallowed a large object no amount of Maalox will budge, I must make an entry in my blog. It will be short.

I will probably be receiving platelets every other day. On the days I don't get platelets, I'll be getting red blood cells. My white cells continue to remain at rock-bottom levels. They are also pumping me with potassium and magnesium, which have been leached out of my system by the chemo.

It's getting a little dull around here, but dull's better than too much excitement. I continue to look forward to your cards, calls, visits, emails, and blog comments.

One way I amuse myself around here is by posting a quote of the day on a whiteboard hanging in my room. The staff looks forward to it. If you'd like a shot at having your favorite quote spend a day on my wall, put it in a comment. You must give attribution (that is, who said it). Your name will appear below the quote (as sent in by ...).

Today's quote is
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure."
--Samuel Johnson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got to add another Samuel Johnson quotation that should appeal to you right about now:
"I am one of those who, with the Sancho of Cervantes, leave to higher characters the merit of suffering in silence." -- Samuel
Johnson, Rambler 200

Unknown said...

Here's another, one of my favorites...

Failure is impossible!
Susan B. Anthony

Love,
Susie-Q

Anonymous said...

How about, "The ultimate mystery is one's own self." Sammy Davis Jr.

Patty, glad that Marty is keeping you plogging. Your platelets may be few and far between, but your "pen" is still as sharp as ever.

Love, Marie

Anonymous said...

PJ--

You don't know me, but I was diagnosed with NK cell Lymphoma earlier this year and am about to start on the BMT journey. Yesterday, my nurse actually called me with a schedule, which made me decide I didn't know enough about what was going on so here I am on the Internet.

I found your blog through the LLS site and I am so glad I did. Thank you for shring your story. It really did provide me with hope and I'll keep reading. I may even start a blog of my own.

All the best --
Tammy Hart

Sue said...

This is going to be great! At the beginning of September, I put up colorful banners with language quotes around our "classroom" for decoration and discussion. You will like them!

For now, here is one of my favorites...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
Theodore Roosevelt

You are!!!!

Love,
Sue