Sunday, September 23, 2007

Let Me Outta Here!

In each of my extended hospital stays, I reach the point where I suddenly feel as though I can't take another minute being locked up. Ladies and gentlemen, I've reached that point.

The thing is, I know I'll be discharged pretty soon because my counts continue to rise. Before I was admitted, the nurse told me that after 2 days with an ANC over 500, I'd be set free. Well, I've had my two days over 500 and now I'm ready to leave. Did you hear that: I'M READY TO LEAVE.

What's the rush, you might say? Tomorrow, the next day, the next; you know you're getting out sooner or later.

Naturally, I want sooner. I want tomorrow. I want this minute.

I just can't deal with the rules anymore. Case in point. I've been eating less and less because the food doesn't even deserve to be called food. So,I asked Marty to sneak in a bagel for me. It was immediately confiscated. I can only have the bagels they bake here, and you can just imagine how little they resemble bagels.

Okay, whining's over. I'm planning my escape for tomorrow. I might be using in-house bagels to knock the nurses out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pwink,
You really sound like a spring that has sprung with no place to go; well not without breaking out.
Wish I could be there to help spring you.
Love, K

George Jempty said...

You made the mistake of having your 2 days of 500+ on the weekend :(

"Patience is a virtue? Well you're taxing my virtue." (Groucho Marx)

Sue said...

Pat,

It was great seeing you tonight!

I thought you had a pretty nice set-up in your room, but my quote for you is from Dorothy "There's no place like home, there's no place like home."

Put that on your white board and see if they take the hint and send you on your way.

I look forward to driving down Division to visit you on Moosehorn.
Love,
Sue

Anonymous said...

" Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

The Wizard

Anonymous said...

Patti,
I certainly know that feeling of "having to get outta here", just ask the nurses on the unit what I was like when I was ready to leave, but it'll happen soon enough. I am actually going to be up in Boston on Wednesday and dare I even say it, but if you're still there I'll pop in for a visit. Also, my favorite quote is one that hangs in my office and I heard it in some documentary film I watched so I can't provide credit, but here it is: "You must demand to live in a better world, don't be content to merely exist".

Anonymous said...

Let the woman go! Its time for the closeted to escape...Stuart broke out of his captivity today by ripping of his leg cast and driving away...and where did he go....Walmart??....I guess its amazing what seems like freedom when you have been kept inside for too long! Just promise to describe the taste and smell of fresh - well - Boston air when you get that first blast. Emma

Anonymous said...

quote for tomorrow "These boots were made for walking"
Emma