Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm Back

Thanks to Marty, I have an inkling of what transpired the last few days. Strong stuff. Happily, I am back, and will try to write a short entry. Nausea remains a problem, so the old heave-ho might cut this short ...

I don't feel quite like myself, but then I am not quite myself. I'm about 2 cups worth of other beings, and once they set up shop, they will be even more of Them. This is a very odd feeling, probably how people feel who've had organ transplants. Now the waiting game starts. The baby cells must migrate to my bones and start cloning and differentiating--all those things that cells do best. This process can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Patience is a virtue but it's never been one of mine.

I'm trying to force myself to eat whatever will go down and stay down. I just finished a bowl of corn flakes, which put me in mind of an off-off Broadway show called Angry Housewives. In the play, the mother screams at her kid, who's dawdling over breakfast: eat your f*cking corn flakes! I think of that line every time I eat corn flakes, and it always brings a smile. I need smiles.

Company has arrived--Mark and Marty. Gotta run.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WELCOME BACK!!!

LOVE/MARCIA

Anonymous said...

Patty, glad to have you back. This leg of your marthon was quite something. Marty, you're an amazing B team on the Plog! Thanks for the hard work of reliving it all through writing about it and sharing with us.

Patty, now that you're really part-Australian I thought I could help you work on your vocabulary, so I pulled out my "True Blue Guide to Australian Slang" and offer for today's lesson some of the "-o" words - that is arvo (afternoon), rego (car registration), and salvos (members of the Salvation army).

So hope you have a good arvo and enjoy the family visit. love Marie

Sue said...

Pat,

It is great to see your latest post! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing after the transplant.

Can someone be considered a "stalker" if they check your Plog several times a day? I hope not......

Welcome Back!!
Love, Sue S.

Anonymous said...

Whats the australian connection? Do I have to keep checking in to get the next clue and eventually all will be revealed or did I miss something along the way?

George Jempty said...

Hah, you know what I think of everytime I eat Rice Krispies? That commercial from when we were kids (you a teenager and me attending Wing Street Elementary), with an opera singer warbling:

"No more Rice Krispies,
There are no more Rice Krispies"

I think they did a Simpsons' episode in the meantime where Krusty sang this ;)

George Jempty said...

Sue, it's not stalking, it's "lurking" ;) In bona fide internet parlance; I kid you not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurker

Sue said...

George,

I guess I need to "lurk more" so that I can "de-lurk" later!!! Too funny..

Sue